Monday, September 1, 2014

I almost got hung

Due to money issues Mr.Ford had to sell me to Mr.Tibeats. Since working for Mr. Tibeats I have helped on several building projects for Mr.Ford on his plantation. In the short period of time working for Mr. Tibeats, I discovered him to be quite cruel and inhumane . He tried to whip me for doing exactly as he said so i fought back and ended up wiping him till I could do it no more. After I could no longer beat him he swore he would get revenge and got on his horse and rode away. He returned shortly later with two other men. The three of them tied me up and tried to hang me when . Just as they were about to hang me Mr. Chapin, one of the overseer's  intervenes. He threatened to shoot Tibeats and chases them away. After the men ran away he sent the news to my master prompting his return.


No comments:

Post a Comment